Saturday 26 October 2013

Review: Essie All In One 3-Way Glaze pt.2

So I said I would revisit this post after at least three days.  It has been four + a few hours.  To recap, I bought a new "three-in-one" Essie glaze that is used as a base coat, top coat, and on its own.
Its promise (as stated on package):

  • stronger looking and feeling nails
  • smoother nails instantly
  • shiny glossy top coat that lasts for days
As I said before, my nails generally have no problem with breakage, as they're pretty strong, so I cannot comment on the first promise.  Having nail varnish on for the most part makes the nails feel stronger, anyway.  Yes, my nails instantly felt smoother after putting it on, however, it feels that way with any nail varnish I put on, so nothing special there.  The third point is probably the one of interest.   On the third day, I noticed the varnish starting to lift at the tips of my fingers.  I think one of them even lifted during my shower.  That creates this bulge at the tip, where the varnish seems to have lifted and bunched up together.  Also, the bottom part of the nails are starting to show due to varnish shrinkage. Not a pretty look.  I tolerated that, since my nail beds weren't significantly showing.  On the fourth day, bits of the varnish chipped off during shower time.
Day 3: bunching up at the tips
Day 4: chipped ring finger; proceeded to peel off :p
Therefore, yes, the top coat does last for days (~4 in my case), and stays shiny.  However, I don't know how I feel about the varnish shrinkage.  I think I will try an Essie polish with this product next.  It did say in bold: Use full routine for best results. OK I accept that challenge.  Gonna try to beat four days.  All my Essie polishes are pastel/Spring colours though... 

It is 3:43 AM.  I'm supposed to be at a pumpkin patch in six hours.  I'd better hit the hay. Good night!

EDIT (Nov. 25, 2013):
So I did try the glaze again with everything Essie:  colour was Essie's mesmerized (with Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear in Blue It on the ring).  This picture was taken after five days. Please ignore the obviously horribly paint job.  The fact that I wanted to highlight was that there were no major chips .  I guess Essie held up its end.


No comments:

Post a Comment