Monday 21 October 2013

Review: Dermal Green Tea; My Beauty Diary Bird's Nest face masks

I spotted some Dermal collagen essence masks on sale for 2 for $1.00 CAD at our local Japanese convenient store Konbiniya. So I picked up a few to try:

  • Red ginseng: mild; firming; refining
  • Snail: regeneration; moisturizing; nutrition (sounds a bit gross, right? extracts from snail slime...)
  • Pearl: moisturizng; convergence; brightening


Dermal Green Tea Collagen Essence Mask
Claims: firming; moisturizing; health
Leave on for 15-20 minutes

It contains Green Tea extract which restores your sensitive skin caused by ultraviolet rays effectively and it keeps skin clean and smooth.
Vitamin E and collage - it provides your tired skin nutrition and makes your skin healthy and bright.


Ingredients:
water; glycerin; butylene glycol; aloe barbadensis leaf extract; hydrolyzed collagen; aloe barbadensis leaf juice; portulaca oleracea extract; beta-glucan; panthenol; tocopheryl acetate; polysorbate 80; disodium EDTA; xanthan gym; methylparaben; fragrance

My face was red and blotchy from the changing weather in Vancouver, so I decided to pamper myself. After a hot shower and a Clarisonic cleansing with my Aquamoist foaming cleanser, I put on the Dermal green tea mask on.  The coolness of the mask was instantly soothing, but then all the masks I've ever tried was such. There was a faint green tea smell, which I enjoyed.  I left it on for 30 minutes, and the sheet mask was still moist, so the leftovers went into moisturizing the rest of the body.  The redness faded, and my face felt supple for the next two days.  For $0.50, I'd say it is worth to try at least once in your life.

I haven't tried the other ones yet, so I'll revisit them in another post.

I also tried My Beauty Diary's Bird's Nest mask:
Claims: ultra whitening; nourishing; revitalizing
Ingredients:
water; glycerin; propylene glycol; butylene glycol; phenoxyethanol; chlorphenesin; thriethanolamine; sodium lactate; polysorbate 20; glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract; sodium hyaluronate; xanthan gum; citric acid; hydroxyethyl urea; swiftlet nest extract; kappaphycus alvarezii extract; laminaria digitata extract; centella asiatica extract; hydrolyzed rice protein; hydrolyzed soy protein; aloe barbadensis leaf juice; gentiana lutea root extract; codium tomentosum extract; dipotassium glycyrrhizate; malva sylvestris (mallow) flower extract; saccharum officinarum (sugar cane) extract; acer saccharum (sugar maple) extract; citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) fruit extract; citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel extract; lecithin; polysorbate 80; carbomer; PED-15 hydroxystearate; polyglutamic acid; sodium hydroxide; fragrance; iodopropynyl butylcarbamate; glycosphingolipids; tocopheryl acetate

When I first opened it, it smelled like the white grape juice I always had when I was in Hong Kong - Qoo.  I feel like this one was more moisturizing and gentle than the Black Pearl one.  There was no irritation upon application with this mask, which is a plus.  The Black Pearl one sometimes gives a stinging effect when my skin acts up.  After the mask, I applied Estee Lauder's Vérité Moisture Relief Creme, and off to bed I went.

My face was happy. Take that, foggy Vancouver.





No comments:

Post a Comment