Friday 18 October 2013

30-session Exercise Pass - Yoga

It started with my sister coercing me to join her in her journey into a healthier lifestyle.  Just kidding.  The fact that she brought up the topic of buying the Groupon was a miracle.  She isn't what I would call an active person.  She used to take hip hop in school, but nowadays, the closest thing to exercising that she does is Just Dance on the Wii. Mmmhmm.  So anyway, there was a Groupon for a 30-session pass at various gyms for $20.  It expires in 4 months.  I only agreed because the participating gyms were mostly fairly close to home, including one that was a block away.  So I bought one for both of us.

How it works is that I search for and book sessions in advance on www.wellnessliving.com, and I get a confirmation e-mail which I show at the gym. It turns out, the one that was a block away closed down for unknown reasons. Dang. I tried going to a 1.5 hour yoga session Vinyasa Power Flow Yoga at Yoga At Mainspace a couple of weeks ago.  I have tried Bikram yoga before, and did not like it.  I've tried beginner's yoga and I fell asleep during it.  I thought I would try it once more.  The place seemed like a converted condo space.  The instructor was a nice man, who claimed that yoga was his hobby and passion, not a job.  There was a lot of talking about spirituality which I did not care for, however, the poses were pretty challenging, which I liked.  Stayed 20 minutes past the 1.5 hour mark listening to more spiritual stuff.  I could see that the guy had passion in what he does, but it was way too intense for one who paid money just to increase her chances of being alive for a few more years.

Man, all the interesting sessions occur during work hours... Gonna try bootcamp next I guess...


No comments:

Post a Comment