Sunday 20 October 2013

30-session Exercise Pass - Team Fitness TF360/Total body workout

After the yoga, my sister and I signed up for Crossfit for beginners at Tactix Gym.  Unfortunately, we were 3 minutes late, and we had to sign a waiver form.  The ladies told us to come back again through wellnessliving.com.  After that, the crossfit beginner's session never showed up on the website.  So sad...
Finally caved, and decided to venture out farther... in North Van - Team Fitness Vancouver (TFV). The TF 360 was sectioned under bootcamp.  My sister and I pictured running through tires and crawling in the mud in an obstacle course of some sort.  It did not take long to find the place; 7-minute bus ride from Lonsdale Quay.   TFV was a pretty small gym (compared to the Steve Nash gyms downtown), however it houses quite a variety of gym equipment, and the trainers make full use of the space, even the staircases.  It has a very clean bathroom and shower (<- very important ;) )



I believe the trainer's name was Wesley, but I could be wrong.  He was very welcoming and nice, but that did not affect the difficulty level of the bootcamp.  I was sore for 2 days straight.  So we did drills of different exercises and repeated them 3-4 times within the hour.  The first time, we had three participants, including my sister and I, which was nice.  The trainer allocated his time and attention well among us three the whole time. 
I had a feeling he went easy on us, because the second time was killer.  He set up a round of: dips, jumps, weight lifts, curls, push-ups, stairs, rowing, planks, and combinations of those.  Muscles I didn't know I had hurt the next 4 days.  Weirdly enough, I enjoyed the 60-min sweating.  Must have been the endorphins kicking in.  I think we may use up the remaining 10-class limit per gym on this.  If I manage to go for ten sessions, then each session would work out to be $2 a class :D  I have done personal training before, and these training sessions are pretty similar, in terms of the exercises. I mean, it is having someone telling you to move your butt, and you have no choice but to do it, since your wallet bled for it, right?  For those with little-to-no self-discipline, like me ;)

Based on the two times I've been to TFV (North Van), I could see that the trainers care about their clients, and they're very welcoming and encouraging.  If the gym was closer to home, I wouldn't mind signing up for a gym membership.


On a completely different note, the boyfriend bought some Japanese sweets for a movie night in. 
Meiji milk chocolate - I hear that this is the stuff that coats the chocolate Pocky snacks :D just melts in your mouth~


Choco Monaka - The rice crispy bits on the packaging sold us.  The bf lurrves his chocolate rice crispies

Actually, the wafer tasted like Bugles corn chips, if they were flavourless. Does anyone remember those?


I probably wouldn't buy those wafers again, but it was nice to try something new :) 
Alright, getting late. Later~

No comments:

Post a Comment