Friday 22 February 2013

Acne troubles (what's new)

So I've never dealt with major acne until I started university. Now they seem to be permanent residents on my face. WHYYYY???  I thought that I could handle it if I fancied up my skin care routine from the "slap face with water morning and night" and added an actual cleanser, toner, and moisturizer. Now I have a cabinet full of half-used goo (I'm thinking of Jennamarbles), and still a face full of acne. I finally got fed up with it (6+ years later) that I decided to see my family doctor about it, hoping that I could get referred to a dermatologist...
I took some time off work in the morning to go to my appointment.  It was at 10:15am. It is a known fact that one would be required to wait a bit, but never did I expect to wait 65 minutes before being admitted to the secondary waiting room. Not only did I not succeed (double-negative, woohoo) in getting a referral, I was booted out in 5 minutes with prescription antibiotics & cream. Anyone suffering from eczema since birth knows of the endless ordeals with countless creams and moisturizers, so one more cream in the regimen just irks me. I digress.

So I'm told to take the antibiotics for two months.  That is a bit long, isn't it?  Whatever it takes to rid of these spots ):

Speaking of skincare, I put in a small Sephora order online through ebates.ca during a Valentine's Day deal, where the cash back for purchases from Sephora was 8% instead of 4%. I'm sure many people have heard about that site already. If you would like to use my referral link --> click here.  Usually I'm not a huge spender, but I got into an argument with my boyfriend and (shamelessly) turned to retail therapy =_=  Hey, I'm not proud of it ¬_¬ At least I got something for him...


  • Clarisonic sensitive brush head - pack of 4 - $75
  • Jack Black Lemon & Chamomile lip balm - $7.50
  • Betsey Johnson Too Too fragrance (sample)
  • Murad Pore & Line Minimizing Hydrator (sample)
  • Lab Series Daily Moisture Defense Lotion (sample)
  • Ren Hydra-calm Global Protection Day Cream (sample)
  • Calvin Klein Eternity Aqua fragrance (sample)




I received $6.60 cash back, and didn't pay for shipping because my order was more than $75, which is typical for Sephora, I believe. I'm quite happy with this box. The CK fragrance smells soo good (:

Now I'm just wondering whether I should try these skin products or not... sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment