Monday 18 March 2013

Happy quarter century to me~

This is a really delayed birthday post, as it was on February 26th. Just wanted to [pen] this event in so I can go back and read it, maybe.

It was a rainy day in Raincouver (what's new?), and I had a casual dinner planned at Cafe de l'Orangerie with a couple of my close friends and boyfriend. Originally I had a personal training session at the gym, but my trainer cancelled on me. Futhermore, the boyfriend insisted that we do something, even if it's a dinner, even though I was reluctant to celebrate (see last year's birthday post). Cafe de l'Orangerie is a cute little Japanese/Italian fusion cafe tucked away in the Marpole area at Granville and 70th ave. I highly recommend their desserts, especially the matcha pudding and matcha roll cake



! Aaanywayyy... it was a Tuesday.  I remembered from past experiences that the cafe closes on certain Tuesdays, so I told the boyfriend so, suggesting he phone in to make sure it's open. He was like, yeah don't worry about it, I'm pretty sure they're closed on Mondays etc etc. I didn't want to argue and make a big deal over it, I just went along with it. He offered to choose the backup place should the cafe happen does happen to be closed. Sure.
On the bus towards the place that day after work, he calls me to say that it's closed, but he'd wait for me to join him in the parking lot, and we'd decide from there what to do. The two friends were already in the car when I got there.  The boyfriend said that his dad texted him, saying that his condo's water boiler or something exploded?? And that he should go back to check it out.  He dropped us off at Richmond Centre while he rushed back home. I picked up my free Starbucks drink and Sephora gift.  This year is a cute duo from benefit: They're Real! mascara and Watt's up! highlighter.  Aah, they're soo cute. The mascara works really well; reminds me of Covergirl's lash blast (orange tube), with more control cuz the wand's a bit smaller.  The highlighter I haven't tried yet.
After half an hour, the boyfriend came back to pick us up. He ordered take-out and said we'd try to salvage the night at his place. I didn't mind that, eating and playing video games, mayhaps movie, with good friends, at the comfort of a home. He also said that the elevator was down, so we had to walk up a few flights of stairs.  I found it pretty comical, how everything could go so wrong on my birthday. HOWEVER, I wasn't disappointed, as I didn't have much expectations to begin with.
And so we entered his condo, and the story goes...





Watch my bag fly. Crazy kids, knocked off a years of my lifespan. I love them (:

No comments:

Post a Comment