Tuesday 4 September 2012

Beginning of a school year...

... and I'm not part of it, woohoo! Graduate of May 2012 here~

I used to get excited on Imagine Day at UBC, NOT because of school starting, but because of the freebies I usually collect as I trek through all the booths.
But today, I felt like it wasn't worth the sweating and plowing through hundreds of other equally excited students grabbing for freebies.  In fact, I got a headache from all the noise.  Oh noes, I'm getting old.. and it's only been half a year D:



After picking up a pen, a thermometer, and some colourful Post-Its, I headed to the student union building with my friend to redeem a coupon for a BOGO drink.  We stopped by the TD booth that hosted a ball rolling game.  If you get the ball into a certain hole, you win $50.  Just before my friend went, I was joking, saying that I'd probably roll the ball off the ramp before it gets a chance to roll into the centrepiece.  My friend rolled the ball, and somehow made the ball bounce during the roll up the ramp.  That was amazing.  Then it was my turn.  I was aiming for the middle hole (usually people aim for that one, right?), and kept missing.  On my last ball, it rolled into a hole in the top right corner somehow.  And apparently I won $50.
No scam, just a mint $50 bill after signing my life away a paper.  That was pretty cool (:  First time I won anything significant.  I went and bought us cool drinks and a cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment